Have you ever wondered which information cosmetic products must include? Otherwise how can you be sure that you use them safely?
Let’s see what any cosmetic product must have on the label or on the packaging in order to comply with the EU Cosmetics Regulation…
- First of all, the name and the address of the company
- An ingredients list, in decreasing order of weight of the ingredients. This is mainly for people who have been diagnosed with an allergy so that they may avoid ingredients to which they are allergic.
- The nominal net.
- Any warnings that might be necessary on how to use the product safely.
- A “date of minimum durability” to show for how long the product may be kept or used.
- If the product is not obvious from its appearance, a description about what it is.
- A reference (batch number) for product identification.
- Last but not least, for products imported into the EU, country of origin.
Next time you will buy something be sure about it!!!